Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Young Girl with a big heart...Bigger Heart Zanzibar Charity

My name is Nawal and I go to Bishop Gore School.
Bigger Heart Zanzibar is a charity which helps orphans and poor children in the rural areas of Zanzibar (Tanzania) with education and health.


In this picture I was with the children who were selling necklaces and shells. It all began when my mother took me on holiday to visit her home town, Zanzibar when I was 7 years old. She took me to the Kizimkazi village for a day trip. I had no idea what it would be like.
We went on a boat tour to Dolphin Island. When we were boarding, I noticed a few young children around the area selling shells and handmade carved necklaces it looked as if a lot of hard work and effort had gone into making them. I realized that the majority of the children were not wearing any shoes and their clothing looked torn.
This made me feel sad and I thought that I should be more grateful to everything that I have. I turned to my mother and asked 'Why are they not in school?' I wanted to know the reason to why such young children, some of my age were not in school during that time day.

Story and pictures from Michuzi blog; 
http://michuzi-matukio.blogspot.com/2015/02/bigger-heart-zanzibar-charity-history.html





No comments: